Friday, September 16, 2011

A Few Photos (As posted from a café in downtown Prishtina)





Here a few more photos, posted while I have a café internet connection.  The first is the National Museum, the second is George Skanderbeg (in front of the Parliament building), third is a series of photos of victims of the 1999 war in front of the police station, 4-7 are the abandoned and incomplete Serbian Orthodox Cathedral near/ on the campus of the University of Prishtina, eighth is the Parliament building, last is the minaret of one of the mosques between my hotel and downtown.

More on all of these things later, when I regain an internet connection in my dwelling.  I have moved in with Daniel, one of the other Fulbright grantees, until I receive 'permanent' instructions and placement (presumably outside of Prishtina).  As nice as my hotel was, €40 per night is a bit steep.  For about €0.70 I can buy a double espresso and sit in a cafe, utilizing their wifi, for as long as I please.












1 comment:

  1. I loved the photos today and am so glad that you now have your placement. I reviewed your first set of photos because I noted a difference from what you usually post.....you actually had people in some of your photos! I enjoy them all, so keep on clicking and sending!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete